Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Study Day

Workout: ran 10 miles in 1:40

As I said in my last post my friend Kathryn is running a half marathon in october and im currently not training for anything.  On a whim I decided to go run with her...I haven't ran 10 miles in months. It was perfect weather this morning (50s and cloudy) my favorite long sleeve and spandex weather. It went surprisingly well and wasn't tired at all in the end. Sure we took it super easy but we wanted to make sure she could definitely finish the full 10 with confidence that she can finish the 13.


We had a little post run photoshoot but didn't want your eyes to burn from so many crazI pictures of us so i settled for one not so crazI one. Post-run I enjoyed a berry protein smoothie with berries, vanilla whey protein, spinach, oj, and some water. It tasted delicious but I could only finish half of it.



We finished up our run around 10:30 and I had to go to work from 12-3 today. Talk about being sore at work, so genius me thought of wearing my compression socks under my khaki pants.  a. they are comfy b. it is cold at work c. they helped my soreness I'm crossing my fingers that I won't be too sore tomorrow!


Finally to tonight, I'm too lazy to go out again so I am studying...on a saturday...who am I? Or I'm just going to pretend to study, read blogs all night, watch Something Borrowed, & eat 70 ounces of orange leaf. First one to take me on a date there wins my love. 

Question to leave you with though...
How long until helium balloons die and don't float anymore? 
My roommates birthday was 4 weeks ago and her mom sent her a plant with a helium balloon in the middle...it is still floating and here's the proof:


I have to admit, it is a good looking love fern

Have a great Saturday night! I know I will...






1 comment: